LOGO1 copy

Monday, April 20, 2009

My new project!

After some discussion with a friend at my office today I have decided that I am letting a wonderful opportunity pass by. I live in a beautiful city and I know barely anything about it! A few weeks ago I had a photo session at the Bona Allen Mansion here in downtown Buford, and while I was waiting on my clients I snapped a few photos of the Mansion...these photos and my friends passion for this city have inspired me to dig a little deeper photographically into the history of this city! (Thanks Chuck) So, my new project is to document the places and happenings of Buford, GA. I will periodically post my photos and share with you what I have learned in the process. The first few photos are of the Bona Allen Mansion, The mansion was built in 1911 by Bona Allen, Sr who first brought the leather and tannery business to Buford. Allen, helped employ most of the town. The tannery here in Buford made saddles for famous clients such as William Cody, and Roy Rodgers horse Trigger. The Allen Family occupied the Mansion until 1964! Enjoy, and look for the next history lesson from Lindsey Craig Photography.
IMG_3317edit
IMG_3318
IMG_3320edit
IMG_3424
IMG_3317

No comments: